Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Episode 2: The Toolbox Murders (1978)



Hello and welcome back to Brandon’s B-Movie Bonanza! Boy, have I got a doozey for you guys: the original ‘70s grindhouse classic The Toolbox Murders! This one is another in my long list of favorites, namely because it’s one of the best sleazy exploitation flicks of its era and because I have a pretty cool story about meeting producer Tony Didio (who turned out to be a heck of a nice guy).


As a source, I used Blue Underground’s Blu ray edition of the movie, but I’m sure their original DVD release will work just as well. To help ensure we’re timed perfectly, it would probably be in your best interest to start the commentary track at the very moment your screen turns black. Not everyone’s players start discs at the exact same moment, so this little trick should be the best way to be certain we’re seeing the same thing at the same time. I have yet to make that leap into streaming video (I don’t even do Netflix, can you believe it?), so unfortunately, I have no tricks to share with you on that front. For the time being, I think I’ll remain an old-fashioned guy.

Isn’t it insane that we live in an era where watching DVDs and Blu rays has become something of a bygone pastime?! Wow.


So, what are you waiting for? Kick back with some extra buttery popcorn and a big glass of Coke (anyone who says “I drink Pepsi” gets the business end of a claw hammer to the taint). It’s time to enjoy the sleazy goodness that is The Toolbox Murders!






No comments:

Post a Comment